An essential part of The Lodge care system is keeping as active as possible, continuing with activities you already do and also taking part in some activities which you have never tried before. We put together an extensive activities schedule which includes lots of variety. Every month we schedule all the activities for the month and put them on our decorated entertainment board.
Variety of activities and hobbies
We carefully consider the requests and abilities of all our residents.
Some of our activities past and present include:
- Music and movement
- Church services
- Gardening Club
- Craft Club
- Scrabble Club
- External entertainers
- Garden parties
- Christmas parties
- Cheese & wine evenings
- Dinners out
- Organised excursions to local garden centres, barge trips, seaside trips etc.
We carefully consider the requests and abilities of all our residents to ensure that there really is something for everyone to ensure that they can continue to lead active lives and play fulfilling and meaningful roles within their own communities, to as great or as little extent as they wish.
We continually strive to put on activities as requested and where they will be of benefit to the changing mix of residents, we encourage the local community to take an active part in the lives of our residents. Residents meetings are held regularly where you can influence the day to day running of the home.
What you can expect
- A vibrant and busy community, with complimentary refreshments for residents and their visitors
- Broad range of activities and hobbies, including entertainers, exercise class, arts and crafts, singing and music
- Beautiful landscaped gardens and secluded rose garden
- Retire to individually decorated, private rooms, most with garden views
- Elegant lounge and dining room
- Restaurant style dining with fresh, nutritious home cooked food and plenty of variety
- In house salon for pampering, grooming, hair styling and chiropody
- Assisted bathrooms
Activities coordinators play a central role in delivering purposeful activities that stimulate residents and improve their wellbeing.